Department of Science & Technology under Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India has invites applications for filling up of nine posts of Scientist ‘C’. three posts of Scientist ‘D’ and one post of Scientist ‘F’ Group ‘A’ Gazetted Non-Ministerial, on direct recruitment basis in the Department of Science & Technology. For application process and details of qualifications, experience, age limit, last date of application & other requirements etc. visit our website www.dst.gov.in.
|Name of Post||Scientist- ‘C’||Scientist- ‘D’||Scientist- ‘F’|
|Pay Scale||Level-11 in the pay matrix |
Rs. 67,700- 2,08,700
(Pre-revised Rs 15600-
39100 plus Grade Pay Rs. 6600/-)
|Level-12 in the pay matrix |
(Pre-revised Rs. 15600- 39100 plus Grade Pay Rs, 7600/-
|Level-13A in the pay matrix |
37400-67000 plus Grade Pay Rs. 8900/-
|No. of Post||9||3||1|
|Field||Engineering / Physics / Chemistry||Chemistry||Engineering|
|Essential / |
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering in relevant discipline from a recognized University or equivalent.
Master’s Degree in Engineering in relevant discipline from a recognized University or equivalent.
Master’s Degree in Chemistry from a recognized University or equivalent.
Doctorate degree in Chemistry from a recognized University or equivalent
Master’s Degree in Engineering from a recognized University or equivalent.
Doctorate Degree in Engineering from a recognized University or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE:Twelve years’ experience in research and development in industrial and academic institutions or science and technology organisations or scientific activities and services, out of which six years shall be in managerial capacity in science and technology programme, planning, development and cooperation.
Note: For the post of Scientist ‘F’, period spent on acquiring essential qualification shall not count towards experience. However, period spent on post doctorate research in a University or research Institute as evidenced by certification by such University or Institute and publication of research work in journals of repute, subject to maximum of two years, shall be counted as experience.
AGE LIMIT : The upper age limit for direct recruits shall be 35 years in case of Scientist ‘C’, 40 years for Scientist `D’ and 50 years for Scientist ‘F’ as on the closing date for receipt of applications. The upper age limit is relaxable for Government Servants up to five years in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government. Any other relaxation in age limit shall be in accordance with orders issued by the Central Government from time to time.
Note: The crucial date for determining the age limit and eligibility shall be closing date for receipt of application.
SCREENING AND SELECTION PROCESS: The screening and selection process shall be as prescribed by Central Government. The composition of the eligibility Committee, screening-cum-short listing Committee and interview Board etc. shall be as prescribed by Central Government. However, majority of the members in the screening cum shortlisting Committee and Interview Board, including the Chairman shall be from outside the Department of Science and Technology. If considered necessary, the screening process shall include written test, to be conducted by the Central Government directly or through any other Central Government agency or organization having experience and expertise in the area.
The number of posts to be filled may vary. The Department also reserves the right to cancel the recruitment without assigning any reason.
The vacancies for the posts of Scientist ‘C’, ‘D’ & ‘F’ are outside the purview of reservation.
- The applicants are advised to visit the Department’s website www.dstovin regularly. Any addendum/corrigendum or any update regarding the recruitment process shall be posted only on the Department’s website.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest to submit online applications much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection/ inability or failure to login to the portal on account of heavy load on the website during the closing days.
- The prescribed essential qualifications are minimum and the mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. The consideration of qualifications as ‘equivalent’ to the essential and desirable qualifications stated above shall be the discretion of the relevant committee constituted for scrutinizing the applications. If the number of applications received in response to advertisement is large, the Department may restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit through a shortlisting process based on a well-defined criterion which may include possessing of desirable qualifications and / or experience more than that prescribed in the advertisement and/or qualifications/ experience in a particular field as per the specific requirement of the Department. A reserve panel of candidates in order of merit will be prepared from the candidates called for interview which will remain valid for a period of one year from the date of interview. The panel can be utilized to fill up vacancies arising as advertised as well as vacancies that might arise/ may have arisen subsequent to the date of publication of this advertisement due to any reason like retirement/resignation/death etc. No correspondence will be entertained from candidates who are not called for interview / selected for appointment. Canvassing in any form will result in disqualification of candidature.
- Outstation candidates called for interview will be paid to and fro second class rail/sleeper class rail fare by the shortest route.
- The selected candidates are liable to serve anywhere in India and outside.
HOW TO APPLY : Eligible Candidates are required to fill and submit the applications through online mode only on the following portal: https://recruitment.dst.gov.in using valid email id. Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected. This online portal shall be available for a period of 60 days from the date of publication of advertisement in Employment News/ Rozgar Samachar. The candidates will also be required to upload the relevant certificates/ documents. The detailed instructions for filling the online application may be seen by clicking ‘How to Apply’ link on the portal. Candidates must carefully go through the instructions before filling the application form. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure that they follow the instructions while filling the application and upload clear legible certificates/documents. Uploading of illegible/incorrect certificates/documents may lead to rejection of the candidature. Submission of hard copies of applications is NOT REQUIRED.
Note: Experience/employment certificates for work/research work must clearly indicate the date of joining, date of relieving and post held.
Candidates working in Government Departments / Public Sector Undertakings / Autonomous Organizations should upload No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the competent authority of the organization they are serving, in the format specified at Annexure-I. It is the responsibility of such candidates to ensure that they obtain NOC from their Department/organization within time to upload the same in the portal.
Copies of certificates in support of educational qualifications, date of birth, Disability, Community (in case of SC/ST/OBC candidates only) and experience should be uploaded with the application. Candidates will have to produce the original certificates as and when required.
Important Web-Links of Department of Science & Technology Recruitment
Online Apply: Click Here
Advertisement Details: Click Here
Official Website : Click Here