Solved Paper of Grade-IV (Non-Technical Post) under Health Department, Assam
Post: Grade IV
Written Test held on 22.01.2023
Shift: Afternoon 1.00 PM to 2.30 PM
Question Booklet SET: A
1. Which is the most populous country of the world?
2. What is the capital of Sri Lanka?
3. Who among the following was the first woman to receive ‘Bharat Ratna”?
[A] Sucheta Kripalani
[B] Indira Gandhi
[C] Lata Mangeshkar
[D] Kalpana Chawla
4. Who is the author of the book, The Discovery of India?
[A] R. K. Narayan
[B] Jawaharlal Nehru
[C] Indira Gandhi
[D] Swami Sivananda
5. Who was the first human in space?
[A] Neil Armstrong
[B] Edwin Aldrin
[C] Yuri Gagarin
[D] Valentina Tereshkova
6. Who was the founder of Sikh religion?
[A] Guru Ram Das
[B] Guru Gobind Singh
[C] Guru Nanak Dev
[D] Guru Tegh Bahadur
7. Who is known as the Iron Man of India’?
[A] Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
[B] Dr. B. R. Ambedkar
[C] Dadabhai Naoroji
[D] Mahatma Gandhi
8. When is Teachers’ Day celebrated in India?
[A] 1st May
[B] 5th September
[C] 14th November
[D] 10th December
9. Who among the following leaders was not a President of India?
[A] Neelam Sanjiva Reddy
[B] Giani Zail Singh
[C] K. R. Narayanan
[D) Uma Bharti
10. Where is the Headquarters of the World Health Organization situated?
[A] New York
[B] Washington, DC
11. Davis Cup is associated with which of the following sports?
[B] Lawn Tennis
12. Who appoints the Chief Minister of an Indian State?
[A] The President of India
[B] The Governor of the State
[C] The Speaker of the Legislative Assembly
[D] The Speaker of the Legislative Council
13. Where is the Golden Temple of Sikhs situated?
14. What was the old name of Chennai ?
15. In which Indian State is Namdapha National Park situated?
[C] Arunachal Pradesh
16. Who was the last Mughal Emperor?
[A] Shah Jahan
[D] Bahadur Shah Zafar
17. Who established the Maurya Dynasty?
[A] Chandragupta Maurya
[B] Chandragupta I
18. During whose rule did the Chinese pilgrim Hiuen Tsang visit India?
19. Who was the first Prime Minister of independent India?
[A] Rajendra Prasad
[B] Jawaharlal Nehru
[C] Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
[D] Jayaprakash Narayan.
20. Who won the First Battle of Panipat?
[C] Prithviraj Chauhan
[D] Rana Pratap
21. Which of the following is not a fossil fuel?
[C] Natural gas
[D] Vegetable oil
22. Which of the following is essential for combustion?
[B] Carbon dioxide
[D] Sulphur dioxide
23. The nucleus of a living cell contains which of the following?
[D] Golgi bodies
24. Which of the following is not a female reproductive organ?
[B] Fallopian tube
25. Which of the following is true?
[A] Sound cannot travel through liquid.
[B] Sound cannot travel through gas.
[C] Sound cannot travel through solid.
[D] Sound cannot travel in vacuum.
26. Which of the following is a good conductor of electricity?
27. Which of the following is not a part of human eye?
28. Which of the following is not a planet of the sun ?
29. Which of the following is a greenhouse gas ?
[C] Carbon dioxide
30. Which of the following is a synthetic fibre?
31. The synonym of ‘affection’ is
32. Fill in the blank with correct form of verb to complete the following sentence:
“He could not ______ his homework properly.”
33. Complete the following English proverb :
“An ______ a day keeps the doctor away.”
34. What is the opposite gender of ‘bride’?
35. What is the past tense of ‘drive’?
36. Complete the following sentence using correct preposition :
“She has been waiting _____ 5 o’clock.”
37. What is a group of lions called?
38. A person who cuts and sells meat is called
39. Which one of the following is correct?
[A] A lion cries.
[B] A donkey moos.
[C] A horse neighs.
[D] A cow brays.
40. What is the house of dog called?
41. Simplify and choose the correct answer from below :
42. The sum of two numbers is 74. One of the numbers is 10 more than the other. What are the numbers?
[A] 18 and 28
[B] 20 and 30
[C] 24 and 34
[D] 32 and 42
44. In a right triangle if the length of the hypotenuse and a side are 5 cm and 3 cm respectively, what is the length of the other side?
[A] 2 cm
[B] 3 cm
[C] 4 cm
[D] 5 cm
45. What is the smallest whole number by which 2028 must be multiplied to get a perfect square?
46. The price of a scooter was ₹ 34,000 last year. It is increased by 20% this year. What is the price now?
[A] ₹ 38,600
[B] ₹ 38,800
[C] ₹ 40,800
[D] ₹ 40,600
47. If (-3)m+1 x (-3)5 = (-3)7, then what is the value of m?
48. If 15 workers can build a wall in 48 hours, how many workers will be required to do the same work in 30 hours?
49. The cost of 5 metres of a particular quality of cloth is 210. What is the cost of 13 metres of cloth of the same type?
[A] ₹ 420
[B] ₹ 424
[C] ₹ 546
[D] ₹ 645
50. When a two-digit number is reversed, a new two-digit number is formed which is 63 more than the original number. What is the original number?